Grade III/IV Wastewater Operator - Wetumpka Water Works & Sewer Board
Deadline: Open until filled. Job and Application Description (pdf)
Wetumpka Water Works & Sewer Board is receiving applications for a Grade III / IV Wastewater Operator. Operator must have knowledge of a conventional wastewater treatment plant; be able to work in various tasks, which include cleaning and maintaining the facility / lift stations; and monitoring controls, gauges, valves, and meters.
Read the attached Job and Application Description (pdf). A completed application form and resume need to be submitted to: Wetumpka Water Works & Sewer Board, to the Attention of Chris Bowar, WW Superintendent, between the hours of 8:00 am to 4:00 pm M‐F or submit by mail to; PO Box 69 Wetumpka, Al. 36092. Applicant may also opt to email Application and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Water Operator Trainee - Citizens’ Water Service, Inc.
Deadline: August 31, 2019
Citizens’ Water Service, Inc. is currently receiving applications for a Water Operator Trainee. Applicants must be able to obtain a class A CDL, maintain a good driving record and pass a DOT physical. Must be dependable and eager to learn. Job requirements include lifting 50+ lbs and operating various equipment and machinery. Experience is not necessary but is a plus. In addition to a great salary, we offer an excellent benefits package. Resumes can be mailed or dropped off in the office. Resumes must be received by August 31, 2019. No phone calls please. Send resumes to:
Citizens’ Water Service, Inc.
Water Operator Trainee
P.O. Box 670
Vance, AL 35490
Grade IV Water Operator - Calera Water Board
Deadline: Open until filled
The Calera Water Board is seeking a Grade IV Water Treatment Plant Operator for a full-time position. Applicants must be Grade IV certified by ADEM to be considered for the position. Other requirements include a valid driver’s license, pass a drug screening and a physical. Beginning salary is $23.02 per hour. Employees work a rotating 7 days on and 7 days off 12-hour shifts. Benefits include BCBS Medical Insurance, State Retirement, Vacation and paid Holidays.
To apply for the position, go to cityofcalera.org where you will find job opportunities under the Services link. This position is posted there. Apply online or download an application and mail to:
Calera Water Board
Attn: Alan Broadhead
7901 Hwy 31
Calera, AL 35040
Water Operator II - City of Pell City, Utility Dept-Water
Deadline: Open until filled
This position entails the knowledge of water treatment, distribution of water, proper repairs and regulations of state and federal agencies. Incumbent works under the general supervision of the Utility Supervisor.
- Participates in the operations of quality water treatment
- Performs quality control of the city’s drinking water
- Adherence to safe working practices and procedures
- Assess the operation of the city’s wells
- Perform calculations of chemical feeds for water treatment
- Check and maintain equipment
- Calibrate rotometers and turbidimeters
- Perform repairs to water mains, services, meter installations, suppression tanks and air reliefs
- Perform any checks or evaluations issued by the Revenue Department
- Maintain records of meters and registers
- Communicate effectively with revenue, billing clerks concerning installations and leaks
- Collects samples (Bac T, copper, lead and others)
- Performs other related duties
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of water treatment methods and procedures
- Knowledge of legal chain of custody
- Ability to communicate both verbally and written
- Ability to understand general chemistry and basic math
- Ability to operate and transport equipment
- Must be a graduate of an accredited high school or hold a certificate of high school equivalency (GED)
- Must be certified by the State of Alabama as a Grade II Water Operator (card must be carried with you at all times)
- Must possess understanding and operation of meter reading computer, leak detection device and Nomad
- Must possess computer skills necessary to perform the essential functions of the position
- Must be willing to travel overnight to attend continuing education courses and workshops
- Must be physically able to perform the essential functions of the position
- Must be willing to work non-standard hours as required
All those who are interested can get more information and applications at www.Pell-City.com.
Manager of Water & Sewer - City of Pelham
Deadline: Position is open until filled.
The City of Pelham is currently seeking to fill our full-time position for Manager of Water & Sewer within the Department of Development Services and Public Works. This is a management level position class that plans, organizes, manages and reviews the work of employees engaged in the installation, repair, and operation of water and wastewater facilities, including the wastewater treatment plant and maintenance of water and sanitary sewer mains, fire hydrants, meters, pumps, tanks, wells and lift stations within the Water and Sewer division. This position oversees supervisory staff in the division and reports directly to the Director of Development Services and Public Works. It is distinguished from the supervisor class by its managerial responsibility. This is accomplished by the ability to perform the following essential job functions:
- Plans, organizes, directs, and reviews operations and activities of the water and sewer divisions of the city; develops and implements goals, objectives and prioritizes work activities. Recommends policies.
- Responsible for preparation and administration of the division’s budgets.
- Responsible for a variety of personnel duties including interviewing, conducting performance evaluations, training, and disciplinary actions. Recommends the hiring and suspension of personnel.
- Analyzes division activities, makes recommendations, and implements improvements in processes to increase efficiencies and overall work quality.
- Analyzes trends, such as population and industrial growth of areas being served to determine the adequacy of current facilities and to project community demand for future facilities.
- Develops plans to meet and serve expanding community needs such as increasing capacity of water storage and distribution facilities, or arranging new sources of water supply.
- Directs activities of subordinate personnel who oversee installation, maintenance and repair of the water distribution and sewage facilities.
- Confers with Director, technical personnel, and outside utilities to coordinate department activities.
- Evaluates new developments in materials, tools, and equipment to recommend or deny purchase.
- Responsible for the effective management of consultants and service providers.
- Provides input into the capital plan based on analysis and research of best practices.
- Directs work according to the strategic and capital plans.
- Working in correlation with Director and Safety Manager, investigates and provides memos and reports of claims against the city related to division activities.
- Provides for training and development of division employees.
- Prepares billings and estimates for repair and construction work performed by city forces.
- Ensures an adequate inventory of materials, supplies, parts, and equipment for the division’s total work program.
- Prepares formal work schedule programs for division and utilizes project management and electronic work flow tools to effectively manage efficient work projects.
- Inspects work in progress of contractors and staff crews for conformance with plans and specifications.
- Handles citizen complaints related to the division and makes decisions regarding the escalation of issues to the Director.
Eight years of experience (with a minimum of 4 years in a supervisory capacity) in water and sewer operations is required. A bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or a related field can substitute for half of the required experience. Candidates must have a demonstrated track record of successfully managing individuals and multiple projects. Must demonstrate a strong background of improving processes for efficiency and quality and holding staff members accountable for results. Candidates with supervisory experience in more than one area are preferred.
State of Alabama Grade IV Operator Certification of Competency and Grade II Water Operator’s license are required. A valid Alabama driver’s license is required and must be maintained.
The compensation range for this position is $68,688 to $93,614. The City of Pelham also offers an excellent benefits package.
Applicant must satisfactorily pass a background investigation and pre-employment drug screen after receiving conditional offer of employment.
Applications are available on this website and are available to download. Completed applications may be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to the City of Pelham, Human Resources, at P.O. Box 1419, Pelham, AL 35124, or may be dropped off at 401 Southgate Drive in Pelham.
City of Pelham is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is E-Verify compliant.
Grade 1 or higher Water Operator - Northwest St. Clair Water System
Deadline: Job is open until filled
Northwest St.Clair Water System is looking to hire a full time Grade 1 or higher water operator to assist in repairing leaks, reading meters, making taps, and maintaining water system properties.
- Must have valid driver's license with good driving record.
- Must have a good ethical work habit.
- Subject to background check and drug testing.
- Must be able to lift, carry, and/or push 100 pounds with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing 50 pounds or more.
- Must have a strong ability to follow oral and written instructions, which includes read, write, and perform mathematical calculations at the level required for successful job performance.
- Must be be willing to be on call and work some weekends.
- Must live within 30 minute drive of the water system.
Salary is based on experience with paid vacation and sick time.
Come by the office to fill out an application at
18 Flatwoods Drive, Steele, AL 35987 (the address says Steele but it’s closer to Ashville on Hwy 11)
Open: Monday-Friday from 8:00 am-11:30 am and 12:30 pm-4:00 pm
or send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wastewater Operator III or II - SouthWest Water Company
Immediate FULL TIME Positions (Birmingham Area – North Shelby County) - Job Description (pdf)
Position Summary: Operate award-winning, advanced wastewater treatment facilities and
collection systems (Full time with Benefits)
Essential Functions Statements:
- Monitors control panels and adjusts valves and gates manually or by remote control to regulate flow of sewage
- Observes variations in operating conditions and interprets meter and gauge readings and tests
results to determine load requirements.
- Starts and stops pumps, engines, and generators to control flow of raw sewage through filtering, settling, aeration, and sludge digestion processes.
- Maintains log of operations and records meter and gauge readings.
- Collects sewage sample and conducts laboratory tests.
- Operates and maintains power generating equipment to provide electricity for plant.
- Calculates and adjusts chemical feed rates and respectively measures and prepares chemicals.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
SouthWest Water Company provides essential water and wastewater services to more than a million Americans in six states. In business for more than 50 years, we provide a broad range of operation, maintenance and management services, including domestic water production, treatment and distribution; wastewater collection and treatment; customer service; and construction management of utility infrastructure projects. Our water will help your career grow. The safety of our drinking water and responsible treatment and management of wastewater are critical issues in today's world. For years to come, the water and wastewater business will need people like you--dedicated professionals who want to help protect this precious resource. We're proud of our work. Daily, we make a difference in the lives of a million people by providing them with water and wastewater services. Build yours and our planet's future with SouthWest Water Company. Don't wait. The opportunity is now.
Certification: Current AL Wastewater Certification Grade III or Grade II. Will consider an Operator-In-Training.
Education and Experience: High School education or equivalent is required.
Other Requirements: Must follow all company safety practices and procedures. Basic computer skills.
Compensation: Average position compensation is $22-24/hr based on experience. Excellent benefits.
CONTACT: Send résumé to Jessica Harnden, SouthWest Water Company at: email@example.com
Well Operator - City of Pelham
Deadline: Job is open until filled - Job Description (pdf)
The City of Pelham is currently accepting applications for the full time position of Well Operator in the Water Division of the Department of Development Services & Public Works.
This position acts as the water quality supervisor by monitoring and controlling treatment equipment to purify and clarify water for human consumption and for industrial use by performing the following duties:
- Performs and supervises all daily operations, maintenance and repairs of all well, tanks and pit locations.
- Operates and controls electric motors, pumps, and valves to regulate flow of well water into the water system.
- Dumps specified amounts of chemicals such as chlorine and lime into water or adjusts automatic devices that admit specified amounts of chemicals into tanks to disinfect and clarify water.
- Monitors panelboard and adjusts controls to regulate flow rates and distribution of water.
- Repairs and lubricates machines and equipment.
- Tests water samples in system for regulatory and water quality control.
- Performs system flushing and valve operations as required for water quality.
- Records data such as residual content of chemicals, water turbidity, and water pressure.
- Performs landscape maintenance at all wells, tanks and pit locations.
- Supervises and manages contractor related activity at wells, tanks and pits.
- Prepares and submits all daily, weekly, monthly and yearly reports to the appropriate agencies: ADEM, ADECA, EPA and the City of Pelham.
- Prepare information for yearly CCR’s.
- Manages all operations including scheduling duties, invoice approvals, training, order of all well operation supplies.
- Prepares well operation budgets.
- Manages customer complaints dealing with water quality.
- Performs and supervises all after hours activities.
- Participates in all ADEM inspections.
- Performs general housekeeping and minor maintenance at wells, tanks, and pits as required.
Potential candidates must have the knowledge skills and abilities to perform each essential duty and are required to have a Grade II Water Operator Certification with at least two years of experience in equivalent water systems. Knowledge of wells, pumps, tanks and telemetry systems plus electrical and mechanical experience is preferred. A valid driver’s license is required and must be maintained. Candidates must satisfactorily pass a background investigation and pre-employment drug screen after receiving a conditional offer of employment.
The salary range for this position is $41,029 to $57,146. The City of Pelham offers an excellent benefits package.
Applications are available on the city’s website and can be downloaded. Completed applications may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, mailed to City of Pelham, Attn: Human Resources, PO Box 1419, Pelham, AL 35124, or hand delivered to the Records Window at the Pelham Police Department. The final date to submit applications is Friday, May 17, 2019, at 5:00 PM.
Grade IV Water Treatment Plant Operator - Clay County Water Authority, Lineville AL
Position Available Immediately and open until it is filled.
The Clay County Water Authority is looking to hire a Grade IV Water Treatment Plant Operator. Applicants must be Grade IV certified to be considered for the position. Other requirements include a valid driver’s license. Salary will be based on years of experience. Benefits include BCBS medical and dental insurance as well as state retirement.
Anyone interested in this position should call Clay County Water Authority @ 256-396-2881.
Resumes can be mailed to:
Clay County Water Authority
87301 HWY 9
Lineville, AL 36266
Grade II Water Operator
Town of Wilton
Deadline: Open until filled
SEEKING IMMEDIATE EMPLOYMENT
Wilton Water and Gas board is accepting resumes for a Grade II water operator. Candidates must have a valid AL driver’s license, High school diploma or GED.
Must be knowledgeable in:
- Repairing leaks
- Reading meters
- Setting taps
- Operating machinery (backhoe)
- Checking the Well and keeping proper records
- Maintaining Town properties and equipment as needed
- Must be willing to be on call for emergencies
- Shared weekends with other employee (checking the Well)
- Experience in natural gas system would be preferred but not mandatory
A good work ethic is required as well as the ability to work well with others as a team. Must have a strong ability to follow oral and written instructions. The Town provides BC/BS insurance paid for operator as well as state retirement. The Town of Wilton is a ground source system with a stand pipe as well as an elevated tank.
Please email resumes to email@example.com or fax to 205-665-2080.
Feel free to contact the office with any questions 205-665-2021 ask for Melissa.
Deadline: Open until filled
Duties include but not limited to: installing water lines, disconnecting service lines, installing and removing fire hydrants, installing and repairing valves. Check vehicles to insure proper and safe operation; perform routine maintenance or reports mechanical problems to supervisor. Assists in general water meter maintenance activities such as installation, removal, and repair.
Must have a valid drivers license and must be generally available and respond within 30 minutes to emergency "call outs" at any time of the day or night, year round regardless of weather conditions.
Must have high a school diploma or GED.
Skilled operation of excavator, backhoe, and a variety of hand tools is a plus. Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Certified Water Plant Operator
Veolia Water North America
Deadline: Open until filled
Operates and maintains water treatment, processing, disposal and testing equipment in water treatment facility to purify water to meet permit and operational requirements. This position works 12 hour rotating shifts, 7 days on and 7 days off.
Job Requirements, Ability to read, write and comprehend English (operational, process, safety and quality instructions).
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- 6 months + experience in a related position and environment with knowledge of the methods, techniques, and practices of water treatment.
- Ability to learn and independently operate equipment such as pumps, engines, centrifuge, generators, valves, gates, mixers, conveyors, blowers, dryers, chemical feed, disinfection equipment, measuring/control devices, testing equipment and material handling equipment.
- Ability to use computer programs for process control.
- Must be able to serve rotational 24 hour emergency on-call.
- Have and maintain valid driver's license and a safe driving record.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/rdq33t9rq7
SEALED BID - Rainbow City - Closes Sep 3, 2019
ONE 2005 JOHN DEERE BACKHOE
($30,000.00 Minimum Bid)
Sealed proposals will be received by The Rainbow City Utilities Board, at the Utilities Board Office, 1540 Sutton Bridge Road, Rainbow City, AL, until 4:00 p.m. on September 3, 2019, for the above item located at the Utilities Board Offices and Operation Building, 1540 Sutton Bridge Road, in Rainbow City.
Bids will be publicly opened and read at the above time and place. No bid under $30,000.00 will be accepted.
The owner reserves the right to waive any informality or to reject any and all bids submitted.
The Utilities Board of The City Of Rainbow City
Anita W. Bedwell, Chairman Of The Board
August 6, 2019
Booster Pumping Station - Heflin
One Prefabricated booster pumping station. Includes Two Ingersoll-Dresser 3 X 2 X 6F 15 HP End Suction Pumps 300 gpm @125’ TDH, 4” flow meter, electrical control panel, fiberglass enclosure. Operates on 460/230 volts three phase. Price - Make an Offer.
Contact: Heflin Water Works and Sewer Board, 256-463-2011
Can email pictures.
Trimble GeoXT Standalone System - Oxford
The Oxford Water Works has available for sale a 2005 Trimble GeoXT Standalone System, hurricane antenna kit, 7.2’ QC alum prism pole, cradle assembly, and pole bracket assembly.
If interested, please contact
1.6 MGD GE/Zenon ZeeWeed 500 Pilot Plant - Oxford
The Oxford Water Works and Sewer Board of Oxford, Alabama have available for sale – One (1) complete 1.6 MGD (upgradeable to 2.0 MGD) GE/Zenon ZeeWeed© 500 Pilot Plant and all associated equipment, including floating intake.
If interested, please contact
Lime Storage Silo & All Appur-tenances - Bessemer
The Governmental Utility Services Corp. of the City of Bessemer, Inc., Bessemer Water Filtration Facility, has for sale a welded carbon steel bulk lime storage facility, complete with all necessary appurtenances including feeders, fill line assembly, level sensors, dust collector, control panels, etc., for a complete and operable system. The lime storage facility and all appurtenances are available immediately, and can be viewed at the Bessemer Water Filtration Facility located at 250 Link Road, Bessemer, Alabama 35023. More information can be obtained by contacting Pat Parkin by e-mail at email@example.com or Joe Key at firstname.lastname@example.org, also by phone (205)436-4010.
All members may list items for sale here.
(Equipment, vehicles, inventory, etc.).
Call (334) 396-5511 or email email@example.com
for more information.
Open for Registration
Grade III IV Wastewater Certification Test Prep Course begins... (WW)
Practical Microscope Use (WW)
Sep 25 - Russellville
Basic Water Distribution / Wastewater Collection Operation & Maintenance (W/WW)
Current Technologies for Water & Wastewater Operators (W/WW)
Water and Wastewater Utility Management Training (W/WW)
3:30-9:00 pm-Dinner Included!
Nov 7-Gulf Shores
ARWA's 42nd Annual Technical Training Conference
March 14-18, 2020
Room Reservations are Open!
Utility Management Certification
Schedule your own
On-site CEH Training
Plan for future training!
New! To provide our members with additional protection, we have implemented a Secure Certificate on our website. This authenticates the ARWA website and encrypts transmitted data such as name and contact information. You will see a lock symbol, a green color, or the https:// secure protocol in the address bar of your browser.
Pay any ARWA invoice online.
Water Loss Protection
The ARWA/NRWA ServLine Program protects your utility against losses from customers’ water leaks, and provides the opportunity for them to add service line repair replacement protection. Learn more.
Alabama Rural Water Association is a non-profit organization representing water and wastewater systems serving rural communities and towns and commercial firms which support these systems.
We provide assistance to comply with State and Federal regulations, to help with management and operational problems, and to stimulate training initiatives.
GET IN TOUCHAlabama Rural Water Association
2576 Bell Road
Montgomery AL 36117
Phone: (334) 396-5511
Fax: (334) 396-7090